To help plan your trip, visit PTV Journey Planner.
From Melbourne CBD
- No. 96 from Bourke Street, and get off at South Melbourne (Stop 127).
- No. 12 from Collins Street, which takes you along Clarendon Street, and get off on the corner of York Street (Stop 127).
- No. 109 from Collins Street, which takes you to the corner of Clarendon Street and Whiteman Street (Stop 125 - Port Junction). Then transfer onto the No 96 or walk up Clarendon Street, then turn right at York Street.
- No. 1 from Federation Square towards South Melbourne Beach to the corner of Park Street and Cecil Street (Stop 25). Alight the tram and head right up Cecil Street by foot. The Market is a five minute walk away.
From St Kilda
- No. 12 from the corner of Park Street and Fitzroy Street St Kilda, which travels along Clarendon Street, and stops at York Street (Stop 127).
- No. 96 from Acland Street, Upper Esplanade or Fitzroy Street and get off at South Melbourne (Stop 127).
From Port Melbourne
- No. 109 from Station Street, get off at Port Junction (Stop 125) and catch the No. 96 tram to South Melbourne (Stop 127).
From South Melbourne Beach
- No. 1 from Victoria Avenue to the corner of Park Street and Cecil Street (Stop 25). Alight the tram and head left up Cecil Street by foot. The Market is a 5 minute walk away.
The South Melbourne tram stop (96 line) is serviced by low floor trams and is a level access stop. Access ramps are available. Click here for more information regarding accessible journey information when riding with Yarra Trams.
National Bus Route No. 236 runs from Garden City in Port Melbourne, via Bay Street to South Melbourne Market. It runs every 25-35 minutes on weekdays only.
The Market is well-serviced by two major bicycle routes along Cecil Street and Moray Street, which go between Melbourne CBD and Albert Park and on into St Kilda. Dorcas Street will take you west to the Bay Trail and lots of the back streets are also lovely for riding. For more information, visit getting around Port Phillip or plan your route.
There is bike parking at the Market with extra-long spaces for cargo bikes and bike trailers located at the end of Coventry Street.
If you’re driving to South Melbourne Market, you can enjoy two hours free parking on Market days. Click here to read about parking available at the Market.
There are six disabled parking spaces available in our rooftop car park, with lift access directly from the carpark to the Centre Aisle of the Market (during Market opening hours only). Outside of opening hours, the rooftop car park is accessible by ramps located on Coventry Street and the corner of York and Cecil Streets.
There is also three disabled parking spaces in the York Street car park and four disabled parking spaces along York Street.