Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is installed throughout the South Melbourne Market to:
- act as a deterrent to criminal behaviour
- provide evidence to support the prosecution of criminal behaviour
- reduce levels of theft and vandalism
- reduce anti-social behaviour
- assist in mitigating Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) risks
- review serious incidents.
The purpose of the CCTV in Council Buildings Policy is to ensure appropriate use and operation of CCTV equipment in:
- Council occupied buildings
- buildings owned, managed or leased by Council including South Melbourne Market.
Installation and operation of CCTV must always be necessary, proportionate and for a legitimate purpose relating to the activities of Council or approved tenants.
Click here to visit the City of Port Phillip CCTV webpage and view the CCTV Public Place CCTV Policy.
For more information about the CCTV Procedure at South Melbourne Market, please get in touch with the team.