- 2 lamb rumps
- 1 tspn butter
- 1 tspn fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ¼ tspn pink salt flakes & cracked pepper
- 4 carrots peeled and halved lengthways
- 4 parsnip peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 fennel bulbs thick sliced
- 2 red capsicums halved cut each side
- 2 zucchini halved lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Season lamb rumps and sear in hot pan with light olive oil. Add butter; baste and add sprinkle rosemary and salt flakes and cracked pepper. Bake in hot oven (200°C) for approx. 12 - 15 minutes Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes.
Serve with Tuscan roast vegetables.
Tuscan roast vegetables
Toss all ingredients and place on baking tray in a single layer. Bake in hot oven 30-45 minutes or until cooked through and burnished on the edges.
Note: this recipe was demonstrated in John’s class “The clever cook – Essential techniques”, October 2019.
The recipe and image are reproduced with permission from John Casey.
- Brought to you by
- John Casey, author of Live Life Cook