- 1 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 1 cup sugar (half cup white and half cup brown will give a good snap if that is desired)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup or treacle
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease (or line with baking paper) two baking trays.
Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oats and coconut) in a bowl.
Gently melt the butter with the golden syrup in a saucepan. Combine the boiling water with the bicarbonate of soda and stir to dissolve. Add to the butter mixture and mix well, then stir into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Roll teaspoons of the mixture and place onto greased trays, allowing room for spreading.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Brought to you by
- The Country Women’s Association (CWA)
- 20 minutes