The Market's rooftop carpark is accessed via Coventry Street and has 270 parking spaces, including six designated accessible spaces and two electric vehicle charging spaces.
From 8 July 2022, a change to rooftop parking rates will come into effect following the approval of the City of Port Phillip Council Plan and Budget 2022/23 on 29 June 2022.
The changes aim to address congestion issues in the precinct and have been carefully considered and decided upon in conjunction with a Traffic Study conducted by the City of Port Phillip and an analysis of carpark usage.
- Two hours free parking will still be available on Wednesday, Friday and for arrivals prior to 10am on Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing on non-Market days will be $2 per hour, up to $15 for the day.
The tables below display the current rates and the new rates to be introduced from 8 July 2022, which differ between weekdays and weekends:
- *If the Market is open for an extra trading day (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), the Market Day carpark rates will apply. Signage will indicate this at the carpark entry
- Early bird special applies to vehicles arriving before 10am on weekends (Saturday, Sunday)
- If the Market is closed on a public holiday, the rooftop carpark will not be open
- Charges apply for vehicles left overnight. The carpark closes at 10.30pm and fees payable will be worked out based on day of week and duration of stay