Hands up who opts for dessert first?
Sweet tooths rejoice, as the City of Port Phillip are celebrating all things dessert this winter, with a program of 60 desserts in 60 days for all to enjoy!
The Dessert First program runs from 12 June to 7 August and encourages both locals and visitors alike to dress for the elements and enjoy a sweet treat in the many outdoor dining areas throughout Port Phillip.
From cheese platters, puddings and hotcakes to wickedly delicious cocktails, the line-up features a variety of delights from many cuisines.
We're super excited to see some of our very own Market traders featured in the program:
- Agathé Patisserie - Pandan Croissant
- Agathé is famous for her mouth-watering, buttery croissants, but have you tried her bright green pandan croissant?
- Cannoleria - Winter Persimmon Ricotta Cannoli
- This is Cannoleria’s signature Sicilian ricotta infused with fresh persimmon. Persimmon or “cachi” are very popular in autumn and at the start of winter in Italy.
- La Central Spanish Deli - Basque Cheesecake
- Hailing from northern Spain, this cheesecake is a delicate, tender cake with a creamy heart and a toasty brown top.
- Little Hof - Apfelstrudel
- This traditional Bavarian dessert has won many fans, finding that perfect crunch of the pastry with the soft, juicy apples and sultanas.
Click below to view or download the full program.
Want to win a sweet staycation? Rug up and share your love of winter dessert at your favourite outdoor dining venue in the City of Port Phillip, and you’ll be in the running to win an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast at the Prince Hotel in St Kilda. Hint Hint - we have two outdoor dining spaces at the Market - one on Coventry Street and one on York Street.
To enter: Order your favourite dessert at one of the participating venues.
Post: a mouth-watering snap of your dish on Instagram.
Share: why your dessert is the best in Port Phillip.
Tag: #dessertportphillip, along with the venue that created your dessert.
Click here for details and terms and conditions.