Take a culinary journey through South Melbourne Market and learn, taste and celebrate the Australian black truffle.
Explore the sights, sounds and smells of South Melbourne Market as you take a self-guided tour, stopping along the way to sample Australian truffle dishes from some of our wonderful restaurants and traders.
You will begin your journey at Georgie’s Harvest, an Australian truffle supplier. Georgie will provide you with a detailed overview of the Australian truffle, including the different flavours, varieties and aromas. She'll give you an insight into how they should be prepared and cooked, what to look out for when sourcing the premium truffle, plus some delicious recipe inspiration. She'll also provide you with everything you need to start you on your truffle adventure through South Melbourne Market.
A Truffle Affair dishes include:
- Bambu - Mushroom and vegetable gyoza with Australian truffle and black bean sauce
- Claypots Evening Star - Scallops with butter and shaved Australian truffle
- Cobb Lane - Potato, brie and Australian truffle danish (option to take away)
- Little Hof - Raclette with shaved Australian truffle
- Smithburg- Classic chips with shaved Australian truffle
- Proper & Son - Australian truffle and cheese toastie
- Simply Spanish - Mushroom and Australian truffle croquette
- Cannoleria - Australian truffle and chocolate chip infused ricotta cannoli garnished with dark chocolate (option to take away)
- Fritz Gelato - Australian truffle infused gelato
Ticketholders can also purchase a South Melbourne Market truffle-filled goodie bag as part of their ticket. Products include:
- Black truffle salt from Gewurzhaus
- Goats cheese and truffle ravioli from The Pasta Shop
- Tartufo truffle honey from Pickadeli
- Mushroom and truffle tapenade from Emerald Deli
Please note: truffle goodie bags are limited so get in quick!
Tickets are $100 per person. This includes generous dishes from our traders, a truffle stamp card, truffle map and Market bag.
Truffle goodie bag price:
Take home goodie bags are optional and are $80.
Dates and times:
Two sessions will be available each Market day:
- Friday 22 July, 11am and 2pm
- Saturday 23 July, 11am and 2pm
- Sunday 24 July, 11am and 2pm
- Wednesday 27 July, 11am and 2pm
- Friday 29 July, 11am and 2pm
- Saturday 30 July, 11am and 2pm
- Sunday 31 July, 11am and 2pm
You will begin your journey at Georgie's Harvest which is located at Stall 50 on Coventry Street. If you get lost, please make your way to the Market Office (Centre Aisle) and someone will be able to direct you.
Click here to view our FAQ's.
To purchase your ticket, click here
- Coventry Street
- Fri 22 July - Sun 31 July