A COVID Safe Summer
A reminder that all visitors to the Market are required to wear a fitted face mask (over nose and mouth) and to please be patient as queueing may be in place at peak periods to comply with Government regulations.
As always, the health and safety of our traders, workers and customers are our top priority.
The following measures are in place at the Market:
- Increased hospital-grade cleaning and sanitation, with a focus on facilities, common areas and touchpoints such as handrails, door handles and buttons.
- The Deli Aisle has a limit of 150 customers at one time to ensure physical distancing can be maintained. To manage this, you may be required to queue during busy periods.
- Bollard signage has been placed in the Deli Aisle and other busy areas to assist with queuing and customer flow.
- Floor markers are in place to assist with queuing to ensure a minimum of 1.5m between people.
- Coventry Street footpath displays have been moved to open up the footpath for increased space.
- Outdoor dining spaces have been created on Coventry and Cecil Streets to allow for casual dining – QR code registration is required for the purpose of contact tracing.
- All restaurants, cafes and service providers have implemented contact tracing initiatives as required. Please be prepared to provide your contact details when dining in or visiting one of our beauty salons, hairdressers, tarot reader or massage therapists.
- Traders have placed a limit on how many customers can enter at one time to ensure there is no more than one person per 4 sqm.
- The Market has launched SMM Direct, a new online shopping platform offering home delivery across all of metro Melbourne and selected regional areas.
- The Market is promoting stalls that offer shipping and home delivery.
- Water stations are currently closed.
- Signage has been installed around the Market to remind both workers and customers of physical distancing requirements.
- Regular PA announcements are made to remind both workers and customers of physical distancing requirements, mask wearing and about the complimentary hand sanitiser onsite.
- Additional security are onsite to manage customer flow.
- Some traders have adjusted their stalls to allow for more space to move around. This might include displays or stock located outside their stalls temporarily.
- Plan ahead and write a shopping list to reduce dwell time at the Market
- Consider shopping on a Wednesday or Friday instead of the weekend
- Please practice personal hygiene and utilise the complimentary hand sanitiser available
- Please only touch products you are going to purchase
- Please pack your own reusable bags where possible
- Please be patient and respect our Market staff, stallholders, cleaning staff and security at all times
- Please practice physical distancing by staying at least 1.5m from others
- Consider shopping online and utilising our new home delivery service SMM Direct.
We would like to thank our community for your patience and cooperation at this time. Please remember that our staff and security are working hard to provide the best and safest shopping experience for you. Please respect the difficult job they are doing and treat them accordingly.
Our Market community has been incredibly supportive to date and we appreciate your cooperation with our modifications at this time and encourage you to continue to shop local and support small business.